There's an article about Arab men from an Arab woman's point of view and I must say that my Arab is untypical as he doesn't fall under any of the applicable categories she mentioned. Feeling blabby, told my Arab the first 3 categories without elaborating, here's an excerpt of our conversation:
Me: 1-Arab men do not know how to pick their wives. 2-Arab men do not know how to communicate with us (=Arab women). 3-Arab men do not know how to share.
Him: Enough!Me: blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blahHim: blah-blahMe: blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blahHim: blah(...short silence...)Him: Some actors can really sing. (referring to an ER episode that he's currently watching, LOL, segue!)
(...end of discussion...)
Anyway the following are "the kinds of Arab Oriental Men we (=Arab women) see around, this is the kind of men we see in our homes dealing with us as fathers, brothers and husbands."
- Arab men do not know how to pick their wives
- Arab men do not know how to communicate with us
- Arab men do not know how to share
- Arab men do not know how to love
- Arab men do not know how to make love
- Arab men do not know how to respect their wives
- Arab men think they own their wives
- Arab men drown in double standard
- Arab men are violent.
- Arab men have an EGO and ATTITUDE problems
The author of the article said that, "A woman does not own herself in the Arab world; first she is owned by her father, then her brother shares the ownership until they pass it to a husband; the husband owns her till he dies or leaves her and then she is owned by her sons."
The detailed article can be read here.